1. To our local users: Come see us! Please complete the sample submission form (links below) and bring with your sample (wet ice only) to B-36 on Yale's West Campus.
2. To our local users who are unable to see us: For your convenience, there is a drop-off location at 300 George St., Room 2127 and at 300 Cedar St. (TAC), Room S352. Samples are picked up at 8 AM, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 300 George St. and Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from TAC. Please complete the sample submission form (links below) and place in a Ziploc bag along with your samples.
3. To our long distance users: Please complete the sample submission form (links below) and enclose with your samples. Ship samples overnight on dry ice to: Shrikant Mane, Yale Center for Genomic Analysis, 300 Heffernan Drive, B-36, West Haven, CT 06516, 203-737-3031.
It is the responsibility of the user to collect any unused sample from us within 90 days of receiving the data. Samples will be discarded without notice after this time frame.
Unsure about something? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203-737-3031.
We strive to provide you with data of the highest quality. If you find that your samples do not meet the requirements for quantity or quality, please contact our facility and a technician will work with you to establish what options are available.
Please follow instructions below to submit your samples.
For Illumina High-throughput Sequencing samples:
- Login to WikiLIMS (Illumina HT-Sequencing, Yale only)
- Submit inquiry (Illumina HT-Sequencing, non-Yale)
You can download the PacBio sample submission form Here. Please fill in the form and send it with your PacBio samples. You can find our shipping address at the top of the form.
You can download the Microarray sample submission form from Here.
TERMS OF SERVICE:
We will not accept responsibility for ANY samples that fail due to inadequate concentration or quality. The user will only be billed for the work performed. In the event that the sample was found to be the source of processing failure, the user shall bear the resulting cost associated with the troubleshooting. We assume that samples submitted to us have met our posted criteria. Due to strictly enforced ISP (Internal Service Provider) regulations, we can only invoice for actual work completed. We are unable to pre-bill any user wishing to spend unused, expiring grant funding. An alternative is to pursue a no-cost extension with your funding source. Additionally, it is the responsibility of the user to keep track of and use their arrays prior to the manufacturers’ expiration date. We will not accept responsibility for array expiration related failures. Thank you for your kind cooperation.